| May 09, 2013
I recently got a Smart Phone and I’m already earning money and gifts for free with apps. There are so many apps and sometimes it seems too good to be true to actually earn something free using these apps. These are my top five favorite apps that I personally use.
1. Pinpoint Rewards – This is my favorite app that is for the Omaha area only. It’s a loyalty rewards program featuring local merchants. When you join and on your birthday and anniversary, you receive special offers from these merchants. Some rewards are $5, $10 or even $20 off any purchase (freebie alert) and others are buy one get one free deals. Just to give you an idea of what to expect, when I joined, I redeemed free smoothies at The Juice Stop, two free pizzas from Fill R Up in Council Bluffs, $10 off our meal at La Mesa and several other great offers. Plus, when you shop at the participating merchants, you receive points that will earn you free gift cards when you meet the redemption levels. It’s a great program that gives you extra incentive to shop and dine locally.
2. Wrapp – Send free gifts to your friends and hopefully, they will reciprocate. Recently, I received $5 gift cards to Sephora and Office Depot and scored freebies at both stores. Simply show the cashier the gift card you received on your phone at checkout. It’s a fun and easy way to shop for free. There is an option to purchase higher value gift cards, but they offer a nice selection of free gift cards.
3. Endorse – Earn cash back on select purchases at any store when you simply upload your receipt. Recently, I earned $5 back on any brand diapers and $3 back on any brand coffee. These are items I already planned to purchase, so it was nice to get a little extra.
4. Ibotta – Earn cash back on select purchases at select stores. You must upload your receipt and scan the barcode from the product. It’s a little more involved to receive the cash back, but it’s worth it to get money back on items you purchase regularly. This week I received $1.25 cash back on shampoo that was free after coupons, meaning I actually made money shopping.
5. Jingit – Earn money by watching short videos or checking in at select stores. This is a super easy way to earn some extra money.
These are my top five apps to earn freebies and make money using your Smart Phone. I hope you will score some great rewards like I have. What other apps do you use and love to save you money?
Author: Nicole McDonald, a stay-at-home mom to three kids, age 7, 4 and 2. She teaches coupon, meal planning, frugal fun with kids and freebies classes and blogs atwww.momsavesmoney.net. Her e-book ‘The Extraordinary Art of Couponing’ is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.